Monday, August 16, 2010

Wedding Song

Peter Salett opened for Swell Season at Red Butte Garden last night. Tim and I did not realize who he was but when he started singing I said " this is the guy who sang our wedding song." Then he sang our wedding song. Awww. So of course when he said he would be signing cd's after his show, we had to go meet him. Unfortunately his cd's were cash only. Who carries cash anymore? I had left mine in the car because really, what did I need cash for. We had tickets to the show and a cooler packed with food and drinks. Wouldn't be needing any money until we got home and had to pay the babysitter. Tim had given me his cash, which I stashed in my wallet to pay the babysitter. So we had no cash to get a cd and have the guy who sang our wedding song sign it! And there was no re-entry if you left. Bummer. We went back to our chairs and wondered if there was anyone there we knew who we could bum ten bucks off of. Then Tim went to talk to the girl manning the gate. She said he had better be done for the night because there was no re-entry. So he told her the story about how the guy who wrote and sang the song we danced to at our wedding is here tonight! And he's signing his cd's! Except they only accept cash and all of our cash is in the car! She said, "That's a sweet story, run fast." So he did. And we met Peter Salett. I said "Heart of Mine was our wedding song!" He said "Aww, how many years?" And he signed our cd--Tim and Amy, I see my story has brought you 7 years of good luck. Here's to 50 more!


3 comments:

Erin said...

AWWWWWWWWW......Now I'm trying to remember the song. Is it the one that starts "Do you want to know if everything glitters?" from that movie with Ben Stiller and Jenna Elfman? That's the one I have in my head. Anyway, that's really sweet. And kudos to the cool gate lady for having a heart!

Amy said...

Yes that's it.

Laurie said...

That is so sweet! So glad the gate-girl was nice enough to let Tim back in.