Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Opinions please!


Tim and I have been discussing this for a couple weeks and we've decided we need a third opinion. We decided to paint the front door and Tim really wanted to paint it green. I'm fine with the green front door but not so sure about the green shutters. I think there is too much white on the other side of the door for the shutters to be green. It's not balanced. Tim likes the green shutters. Therein lies the disagreement and I have resisted putting a second coat of paint on the shutters until we decide if they will stay green or go back to white. So we need your honest opinion! Should the shutters be green or white?






Here's an old picture for reference.

















9 comments:

Laurie said...

Not that I'm a professional,but I like the white shutters- it does look more balanced to me. You could go back to the white shutters and paint the door a different color to make it stand out. BTW- your house is so cute and your yard is beautiful!

The Davidson's said...

Hey Amy, don't be mad but I vote for the green and so does Kylie a girl here at work :) Tausha

R Clan said...

Ruthanne and I both voted that you should keep the green shutters. Sorry Amy! But we were wondering if you had ever thought of Yellow or Purple shutters? :) Thanks to Candace we found your blog, and now you can see ours. Corey

Jess said...

hard because I like the green, but the white does look more balanced... You'll have to post what you decide... looks like more votes for green so far.....

Anja said...

I like them white

Randi said...

I like the white, but... Tim was saying that next year you are going to change the vinyl siding so maybe wait to change the shutters until then because it might change the whole look of the house!

Randi said...

votes from work :-)
Heidi- Green
Sue- Dark red or Midnight Blue
Rebecca- wait till the siding is changed

Stephanie said...

I like white. However, I think the suggestion for yellow or a bold blue would be cool, too.

White's classic and stays in for so long...

Vigoren Family said...

White. I like white.