Thursday, March 6, 2008

Discovery Gateway

My friend Susan and I took the kids to Discovery Gateway today. It's kind of like an interactive museum. Reminded me of the Children's Museum in Indiana. My first thought was it was like a dog park for kids. So much to do, so much to see! And kids everywhere! Jackson had a blast.






Jackson and Sawyer had a great time playing in the water, thus the wet pants coming up.





This was Jack's favorite area. He spent an long time going up and down the little slides and chasing after little girls here.




In the birdhouse.



And of course he found some buttons to push!




The lifeflight helicopter was neat but made realistic sounds like the prop was turning and was rather loud. I think he was a little scared.


5 comments:

Anja said...

What a fun place for kids! I wish Medford had places like that, I have to drive to Portland for anything fun!

Laurie said...

Looks like a fun place. We haven't been there yet. I think we need to get our kids there this summer.

Jess said...

We were frequenters at the old "children's museum" when it was on Beck Street and the two girls were younger. The New one is HUGE! We went last year with Meg's preschool class (when Matt was only a few months old). After seeing Jack having so much fun, I think I need to take Matt to check it out.. They need to have some kind of stamp pass though because WOW, its pricey!

Amy said...

Jess- Tell me your blog site. I keep asking Tim but he never gets around to telling me.

Jess said...

its www.ohmylanta-me.blogspot.com
I'm SUPER boring though, so don't expect too much!
I really like reading yours because the boys are so close in age. I hope you don't mind....