Thursday, January 17, 2008

Somewhat back to normal

It feels like we have been sick for a month. Tim started it before Christmas and then we were both sick for a week. I still had the annoying, can't talk too long because it just catches in your throat cough well past New Years. Just when I thought we were in the clear, Jack started throwing up. He wasn't acting sick, still playing and smiling just like normal. We thought he had just eaten something bad. Then it got worse....much worse. The other end kind of worse. Then Friday night I got home from work and started feeling nauseous. Pretty soon the violent vomiting started. I have never been so sick. I was absolutely exhausted. I could barely stand and it took everything I had to walk across the room. 24 hours later it was gone. I was so lucky my parents were able to take Jackson for me because functioning would have been nearly impossible. And I was so sorry my mom got sick the next day. Jackson has taken a little longer to recover but is finally starting to eat a little more now. We made it through his first illness and are finally somewhat back to normal.





Poor Dog Part 3

After the surgery and removal of the tape, Kaiya's ear started to get better. Then around New Years it started to get worse again. The clot tripled in size and her ear looked like a little balloon. So back to the Vet we went for another surgery, this one involving sutures and a drain plus antibiotics and more doggie pain killers. The sutures and drain came out today and hopefully we will have a normal dog again! It's been a long month.









17 Months today!









Just came in from shoveling the driveway


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, what a bad month for your family! Glad to hear you are all feeling better.

Jess said...

What a cute boy! I love that big grin, and rosey cheeks!